DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI is seeking an Office Administrator to join our busy team in Brussels. The position will be based in attractive, well-appointed offices in central Brussels.
Main purpose of role:
To provide general administration and organisational support to the DAI Brussels Office and support to DAI bids and expressions of interest coordinated from the UK and Brussels offices.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
Facilities/Health and Safety (working in conjunction with DAI UK Office Facilities Manager):
- Liaising with building manager to organise maintenance requirements and ensuring facilities are maintained to a high standard
- Liaising with suppliers regarding cleaning services, office and kitchen supplies;
- Reception cover including management of document despatch and outward mail;
- Overseeing the day-to-day tasks required in relation to office health and safety;
- To maintain accurate records of compliance and training;
- To liaise with suppliers as and when required on all matters concerning H&S
Administrative support for the day-to-day efficient operation of the office:
- Scanning and copying of documents;
- Quality check and production of tender documentation;
- Maintenance of electronic and hard copy libraries, databases and archives;
- Management of in-house stationery supplies and maintaining stocks of publicity material;
- Liaising with DAI UK Travel Administrator to arrange travel for Brussels staff;
- Arrange logistics for meetings and events;
- Management of Finance and Accounts for DAI Brussels office.
Business Development (working in conjunction with BDU Coordinator in DAI UK office):
- act as proposal administrator for active bidding opportunities from the tracking stage right through to bid submission, including: keeping schedules, support bid planning, oversee logistics, facilitate communication, ensure QMS procedures are followed and records kept. Printing, packing and dispatch as required;
- prepare and maintain records of compliance documentation;
- tailor relevant DAI references for inclusion in EoIs and proposals;
- organise team meetings and record the minutes;
- keep abreast of changes to tendering requirements of European donors;
- monitor seminars and conferences, source relevant publications to assist the Business Development Unit in keeping abreast in areas of strategic technical importance to DAI within the European context;
- assist with relevant marketing and communications.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive, assertive and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills — able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and English
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Advanced level of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of office accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Administration experience in international/multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in international development
- Experience of working with EU and other major European donors
DAI is offering a salary commensurate with experience + an excellent benefits package.
The closing date for applications is 28th May 2018. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place progressively.
If you believe you have the above skills and experience, and you have the right to work within the EEA, we look forward to hearing from you.