DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Chief of Party
Chief of Party, Youth Workforce Development - Bangladesh
DAI is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded youth workforce development project in Bangladesh, focused on the skills development of Bangladeshi youth to acquire new or improved employment. The project is expected to support youth’s skills development, forge linkages with the private sector to facilitate job placements, create an enabling environment for women to engage in employment, and provide continuous support to youth in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence. Training is expected to focus on two sectors: food processing and light engineering.
· Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
· Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities and timely delivery of deliverables to client;
· In conjunction with USAID/Bangladesh and DAI HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, prepare annual reports and quarterly progress reports, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
· Foster and maintain excellent client relations with USAID and stakeholder partnerships with Bangladeshi private sector/industry, key government counterparts, skills training providers, NGO partners, and other stakeholders for successful implementation;
· Ensure strong buy-in and participation from key private sector partners and employers to achieve strong results in job placement targets;
· Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and donor regulations
· Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants;
· Manage subcontractor deliverables and working relationships;
· Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and
· efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
· Represent DAI at conferences, working groups, and meetings.
· Master’s Degree in Business or Social Sciences, Workforce Development, Development studies or another relevant field preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is required;
· Minimum 10 years of experience designing, managing and implementing complex workforce development and positive youth development programs;
· Minimum five years’ experience in a senior management position, preferably in South Asia, including managing budgets and personnel;
· Prior experience in working with technical vocational education and training institutes, higher education institutions, or skills development providers, and brokering partnerships with the private sector;
· Understanding of youth and employment issues in Bangladesh, including a history of positive working relationships with Bangladesh government institutions, and knowledge of Bangladeshi counterparts is highly desirable;
· In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations;
· Prior experience as Chief of Party, Team Leader or Deputy COP preferred;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Bengali a plus.
Please apply by May 30th, 2018.
Are you a returning applicant?
First time DAI applicant?
|Back to Search Results