DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI is seeking a Project Coordinator to join our busy Delivery Unit. The position will be based in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. Become part of the thriving DAI business, located in spacious, bespoke offices, 30 minutes out of Euston - with excellent rail and motorway links to London and region.
Main purpose of role: To provide general administration and organisational support to the Delivery Unit.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- support the Delivery Team in various administrative and project management functions
- assist the Team in the delivery of projects, including contractual administration of project team, operations and logistics
- maintain live project portfolio databases
- follow up on Delivery Team research including tools and policies
- assist in the development of project and project management tools and processes; maintain library of tools, processes and guidelines
- attend team meetings, take minutes and circulate notes and follow up action items
- liaise with project personnel to develop written project references for all live projects
- support the process of maintaining and updating the DAI intranet and website
- facilitate information sharing within the business development unit and with other DAI offices and external partners
- maintain electronic and hard-copy databases and filing systems
- assist the Delivery and Recruiter team to identify and hire new project staff, as appropriate, formatting and tailoring CVs, as required
- liaise with team, short term consultants, long-term project staff and in-house travel management to book travel & accommodation and arrange visas
- support the team in training new project members on DAI systems and procedures
- provide short term, in-country administrative support to the programme, if required
- support the implementation of start-up and close-down matrix activities and other quality assurance protocols
- play an active role in business process improvement initiatives
- organise round table discussions with clients and external speakers, as needed
- monitor seminars and conferences, source relevant publications to assist the PMU in keeping abreast in area’s of strategic technical importance to DAI
- assist with relevant marketing and communications
- general administrative duties and other reasonable requests from the Director of Delivery Unit.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Maths and English GCSE at grades A-C and 2 good A-levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive, assertive and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Advanced level of MS Office
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in international development and working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Experience of working with DFID/EU and other major European donors
- Proven experience supporting consulting services or international development projects
- Experience of quality management systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in at least one other language
The salary offered for the Project Coordinator will be circa £20,000 commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues in the DAI Europe offices in Apsley, Hertfordshire.
DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance, income protection, gym membership and cycle to work schemes.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th July 2018 with interviews being held progressively.