DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Chief of Party, USAID Afghanistan Urban Health Initiative
|Location:||Middle East / North Africa|
Call for Resume
DAI Global Health delivers holistic, tech-enabled solutions, strengthening health systems and building global health security to save lives and improve well-being worldwide. With over 20 years of health experience, our global health team and regional partners lead with technical expertise and local knowledge to deliver data-driven and tech-enabled solutions which respond to issues across the spectrum of care – from strengthening health security such as emerging pandemic threats to addressing critical health systems challenges such as workforce shortages. DAI is committed to developing effective, accessible and affordable health care.
DAI Global Health is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated 5-year USAID Urban Health Initiative (UHI) in Afghanistan. This project will provide capacity building to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and municipalities to improve health service delivery and health outcomes in 5 urban areas of Afghanistan.
The Chief of Party oversees implementation of all program activities and provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project. The Chief of Party serves as the primary project liaison to USAID and local stakeholders, and is accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met. S/he is responsible for upholding financial and contractual compliance, as well leading technical direction for the program.
· Master’s degree in public health, administration, or a related discipline (MPH, MBA or other) or the equivalent
· Minimum of 10 years of progressive program management for donor-funded health or governance programs; previous experience as Chief of Party for large, USAID-funded health projects is preferred.
· Demonstrated expertise in municipal governance, urban health, and or other relevant technical areas is preferred.
· Experience managing or overseeing multiple grants within a program
· Demonstrated experience successfully managing large, complex programs in Afghanistan or in similar country contexts is strongly preferred
· Familiarity with USAID regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CAs, and donor organizations.
· Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
· Fluency in English.
Are you a returning applicant?
First time DAI applicant?
|Back to Search Results