DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Chief of Party, USAID Afghanistan Enhanced Data Use and Demand
|Location:||Middle East / North Africa|
Call for Resumes
DAI Global Health delivers holistic, tech-enabled solutions, strengthening health systems and building global health security to save lives and improve well-being worldwide. With over 20 years of health experience, our global health team and regional partners lead with technical expertise and local knowledge to deliver data-driven and tech-enabled solutions which respond to issues across the spectrum of care – from strengthening health security such as emerging pandemic threats to addressing critical health systems challenges such as workforce shortages. DAI is committed to developing effective, accessible and affordable health care.
DAI Global Health is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated 5-year USAID Enhanced Data Demand program in Afghanistan. This project will seek to strengthen data availability and usage throughout the health sector in Afghanistan. This program will build on improvements already made in health data in Afghanistan and will be implemented in coordination with the rest of the USAID health portfolio as well as other GIROA and donor programs.
The Chief of Party oversees implementation of all program activities and provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project. The Chief of Party serves as the primary project liaison to USAID and local stakeholders, and is accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met. S/he is responsible for upholding financial and contractual compliance for the program.
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Information Sciences, Data Science, Nutrition, or a related field.
· Minimum of 10 years of professional experience managing operational, project management,
and administrative duties for USG-funded projects or other donor-funded projects with
similar depth and complexity.
· Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, international
donors, business community, academia, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
· Familiarity with DHIS2 and experience working on health systems strengthening or health data programs.
· Prior experience working in Afghanistan or similar work environments. Experience working in contexts with similar health information system needs is preferred.
· Familiarity with USAID rules regulations and oversight of contract compliance is highly desirable.
· Strong written communication and presentation skills required.
· Fluency in English.
Are you a returning applicant?
First time DAI applicant?
|Back to Search Results