DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Chief of Party
DAI seeks expressions of interest for the Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded Property Rights Program (PRP) II. The goal of the Program will be to improve the property rights regime in Kosovo, strengthen the rule of law, and increase economic growth and investment. Anticipated activities include coordination and setting policy priorities, improving court procedures, improving access to information and understanding of property rights. Achieving all four objectives will require close coordination and collaboration with appropriate Kosovo counterparts and donors.
· Provide overall management and technical leadership and direction for the project
· Act as the primary point of contact with USAID and relevant government agencies, NGOs, private sector actors and community groups with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract
· Manage long term personnel and short-term experts in achieving project results
· Responsible for evaluating and documenting progress (activity monitoring reports), managing design and evaluation teams, evaluating sub-contractors’ and grantees’ activities, keeping the activity on track and providing overall guidance and direction focusing the activity team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives
· Experience in the following areas: improving governance of rights to land and property through advising on reform of laws, policy and regulation and by promoting broad-based civic engagement in reform programs
· Experience in managing programs focusing on rule of law and access to justice and access to information
· Strengthening and clarifying women’s rights to land
· Proven ability to work with government officials, private sector leaders and leaders of civic and community-based organizations, and at building lines of communication and cooperation among them
· Experience working with large bi-lateral and multi-lateral donor organizations
· An advanced degree in law, social science and public administration or other appropriate fields is required
· Prior regional experience in Kosovo or Southeast Europe would be strongly preferred
· Fluency in English is required
Are you a returning applicant?
First time DAI applicant?
|Back to Search Results