DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Call for Resumes
Local Government Specialist
DAI is currently accepting resumes for Local Government Expert candidates for an anticipated program in Niger with a focus on municipal governance and financial management. The anticipated project will work with relevant government officials to implement support municipal governance capacity building.
Experts with the following demonstrated expertise in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Extensive technical and managerial experience in the areas of local governance including:
- Budgeting, financial management, participatory planning, service delivery improvement, municipal management, public procurement, local economic development, public private partnerships, citizen participation, and coalition building.
- Assessing Public Financial Management (PFM) capacity and devising a strategy for reforms at the municipal level.
- Experience in institutional development, needs assessments, training, and advocacy work.
- Providing technical assistance in financial management, capital planning, revenue generation and collection, budget development, access to credit, and public procurement to local government officials.
- Developing frameworks to assist government officials to improve strategies and implement new laws.
- Devise support strategies for municipalities implementing financial management aspects of municipal and decentralization laws including budgeting, revenue generation, accounting, expenditure tracking, etc.
- Experience working on the above issues in West Africa is required. Niger highly preferred.
- Master’s degree and minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working with municipal governments on budgeting and financial performance.
- Thorough familiarity in designing and providing training to local government officials.
- Experience working with international donor agencies, with a strong preference for experience with USAID in the region.
- Experience managing a team and liaising with different levels of government required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French required. Fluency in Hausa preferred.