DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Job Title/Grade : USG Administrative Specialist, Office Administrator, Senior Office Administrator (5-7)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer, USG
Department : USG
Date : October 1, 2019
Function of the Position:
Coordinates the logistics and daily operations for the USG Department; provides administrative support to USG Senior Management Office. The Administrative Specialist plays a key role in keeping the USG Senior Management Office organized, on track, and moving forward efficiently and effectively. Areas of responsibility include scheduling senior management office appointments, meetings, and travel; supporting overarching USG initiatives and data management tasks, including running business models; and drafting senior-level communications, agendas, and presentations. The person must also have a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and manage competing priorities and deadlines. He/she must be able to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and must function successfully in a fast-paced professional environment
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer but takes direction from the USG Senior Management team (Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, and Vice President of Finance).
- Coordinate USG Senior Managements’ calendars and schedules; anticipate material needed daily to assure they are fully prepared for all appointments and deliver material in advance; proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to help the USG Senior Management Office maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as the primary contact for scheduling internal and external meetings; accommodate last minute requests and changes manage messaging outside of the office when this occurs.
- Draft correspondence, memos and/or reports for the Senior Management’s review and signature; disseminate copies of correspondence or other materials as required.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Make the travel arrangements for the Senior Vice President, the COO, and the VP of Finance and Operations for USG as needed; prepare the resulting travel expense reports; proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal teams, arranging appropriate travel, visas, agendas and necessary contacts, country information, DAI marketing materials, and other necessary preparations.
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and process replies on own initiative or from USG Senior Management's direction or notes.
- Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Handle various administrative tasks efficiently and effectively, including copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files as needed.
- Maintain personal information systems and contact databases.
- Complete projects and special assignments for USG Senior Management Office as needed.
- Grade 5: Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration) and two years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Grade 6: Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration) and three years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Grade 7: Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration) and four years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and initiative taking to ensure completion of activities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to plan and coordinate multiple activities.
- Exceptional skills at the advanced level with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), as well as Oracle, or equivalent enterprise and mail systems.
- Superior calendar management skills including experience with Microsoft Outlook or similar software.
- Experience in arranging complex travel itineraries and technology driven meetings.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency; good judgment in managing people, places and things.
- Occasional travel and some errand running duties are required. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
- Experience with business modeling and analytics
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans