DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
USAID Innovations for Social Accountability in Cambodia (ISAC) Activity
DAI is an employee-owned global development company that has worked with thousands of civil society organizations (CSOs) and local businesses in Cambodia over the past 30 years. On the USAID ISAC Activity in Cambodia under prime implementing partner FHI360, DAI will manage the implementation of Objective 3. This objective seeks to increase the utilization of new or existing technologies in Cambodia’s civil society space, enabling more citizens to hold local governments accountable for the delivery of public services.
The Operations Officer will support all aspects of Objective 3 implementation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the management of project activities, events, trainings, and workshops in Phnom Penh and in the provinces, including coordination of logistics and procurement as required.
- Support strategic work planning, activity design and implementation, and manage the start-up and close-out of Objective 3 activities.
- Provide operational and administrative support to Objective 3 activities and program development meetings with partners and stakeholders.
- Assist in the technical management of digital innovation and information grants activities as applicable.
- Manage a diverse range of professional relationships, including arranging meetings and appointments with key stakeholders as required.
- Support internal coordination efforts with FHI360 and/or USAID, including providing written materials, attending meetings, and other duties as requested.
- Works closely with the DAI home office team on operations, finance, administration, procurement, and technical grant management matters.
- Carry out other duties that are consistent with overall focus of the assignment, as assigned by the DCOP/Senior Technology Program Manager or other staff members.
- Reports to the DCOP/Senior Technology Program Manager.
- 5 years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 2 years and a master’s degree
- Ability to speak English and Khmer at a professional level
- General experience with or knowledge of digital-focused solutions
- Previous knowledge of human-centered design and user research processes
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work successfully under tight timelines and across multiple projects
- Comfortable independently managing processes and logistics in fast-moving environments
- Additional desired competencies/skills: problem solving, analytical skills, ability to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines