DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded environmental conservation program in Bangladesh. The Activity will engage national government and local partners in the effective management, protection and governance of critical forest and aquatic systems, while advancing economic incentives to further biodiversity conservation. The targeted communities will be in regions identified with key biodiversity areas such as the Khulna Division with the Sundarbans Reserve Forest, the ecologically critical forest and wetland zones of northeastern Bangladesh in the Sylhet Division, and the forest and coastal zones in the Chittagong Division (excluding the Chittagong Hill Tracts). The Chief of Party will oversee technical implementation and administration of the project.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program
- Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities and timely delivery of deliverables to client.
- In conjunction with USAID/Bangladesh and DAI’s home office determine annual priorities develop work plans, prepare annual reports and quarterly progress reports, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments.
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations.
- Manage project consortium, including ensuring effective communication with all project partners, proactively identifying and resolving partnership issues and ensuring cohesion throughout project implementation.
- Lead team to provide proper coordination and guidance among local government, country-wide initiatives, community partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical area
- Minimum of 7 years in a director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in Asia, regional experience in Bangladesh preferred.
- Proven leadership experience, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
- Minimum 10 years’ project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: ecosystems-based conservation, hydrology/water resources, natural resources management, public policy and governance, conservation finance, sustainable livelihoods, or other relevant technical areas.
- Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Bangladesh desired.
- Excellent communication skills in English.