**Please include your personal Cover Letter with ALL applications.**
**Staring at $47,000, DOE**
The REACH Program of Evergreen Treatment Services works with individuals struggling with homelessness and addiction to achieve stability and improved quality of life. Through outreach, engagement, and ongoing relationships REACH focuses on reducing harm and supporting healing. REACH bridges gaps and helps individuals access essential resources such as housing, health care, entitlements and treatment.
The Housing Case Management position provides outreach and housing case management to help individuals to obtain and sustain permanent housing. The Housing Case Manager will make contact with individuals at various locations to provide information and conduct screenings to determine eligibility for the program. Once an individual is accepted into the program, the Housing Case Manager will collaboratively develop an individualized housing plan. The Housing Case Manager will support each individual’s efforts to complete the necessary steps to obtain housing and once housed, to retain that housing.
The nature of this position is extremely independent, requiring excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills, organization and time management skills, common sense regarding personal safety, creative thinking, multitasking and conflict resolution skills.
Job Function (May Include)
Provide outreach and housing-focused case management services:
Go to sites where individuals experiencing homelessness are located, to make contact and explain the program to potential clients.
Conduct screenings to determine individual eligibility for the program.
Collaboratively develop, with each eligible individual, a detailed housing plan which outlines the steps necessary to obtaining and maintaining permanent housing.
Support each individual’s efforts to follow through on every aspect essential for housing, such as obtaining ID, addressing legal issues, housing search, meeting with property managers, etc.
Develop and maintain a working relationship with program partners and referral sources to facilitate effective collaborative efforts and prevent duplication of services.
Provide ongoing support, once individuals are housed, to maintain housing and improve quality of life.
Provide services consistent with ETS/REACH program policies and procedures.
Attend REACH team meetings and other required meetings at REACH and with program partners.
Document activities according to agency, contract and state requirements.
Local travel on behalf of the agency is a job requirement. Use of own vehicle to make home visits to scattered sites is required.
Additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required, undergraduate degree with coursework in the social service field preferred.
A minimum of two years’ experience in work related to outreach or social work. Familiarity with services for individuals experiencing homelessness highly desirable.
- Computer literate, with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as a high level of initiative in keeping current with technological change.
- Ability to prioritize workload and activities of self and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Dependable, able to work under pressure, receptive to change, willingness to learn, cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and outside contacts from a wide variety of ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds; good diplomatic skills.
- Must be able to pass a Washington State Patrol criminal background check.
- Flexible team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work very independently and seek supervision when appropriate.
- Ability to read and interpret general business correspondence, policies and procedures, referral information, financial documentation and applicable government regulations.
- Ability to write business letters, uncomplicated reports, instructions and procedures.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from clients, staff, referral sources and the general public.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk and kneel; occasionally to climb balance, or stoop; rarely to crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Valid Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and insured vehicle required.
Computer, photocopier, fax machine, phone, and possible use of the program vehicle.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Evergreen Treatment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.