**Please include your personal cover letter with each application**
**Starting at $48,000, DOE**
REACH Mission and Values:
The REACH Program of Evergreen Treatment Services works with individuals struggling with homelessness and addiction to help them achieve stability and improved quality of life. Through outreach, engagement, and ongoing relationships REACH focuses on reducing harm and supporting healing. REACH bridges gaps and helps individuals access essential resources such as housing, health care, entitlements and treatment.
The REACH Team is passionate about creating a hospitable and welcoming environment for all people while providing quality services on an individually tailored basis to their clientele. The REACH program values diversity, is committed to social justice, and appreciates hard work, creativity, and a good sense of humor.
Outreach Continuum and Navigation Team Coordination:
Seattle Police Officers, City of Seattle staff and Outreach Continuum Providers meet Monday through Thursday to coordinate outreach efforts. REACH will have a designated liaison attend the Monday through Thursday meetings to coordinate outreach efforts. Outreach services are provided 72 hours prior to cleaning, and, REACH may be on site the day of the cleans when requested by people experiencing homelessness. Referrals can be made by Seattle Police Officers, City of Seattle staff and Outreach Continuum Providers through City of Seattle Housing Navigator staff that will then link referrals to available housing opportunities for that day.
This position entails going out into the community to contact, develop rapport, and engage with individuals who are living outside. The purpose of this outreach is to offer information, referral and direct supportive services to help these individuals access needed community resources. Services are to be provided from a harm reduction approach utilizing motivational interviewing skills. Though the outreach may be conducted with a team member(s), the nature of this position is extremely independent, requiring excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills, common sense regarding personal safety, creative thinking, multitasking and conflict resolution skills.
Job Functions Include:
- In coordination with REACH Outreach workers and the Navigation Team, provide Outreach and Care Coordination services to individuals living outside
- Go to places in the City of Seattle such as public parks, greenbelts and streets, to make contact with individuals living outside and explain offered services
- Help individuals’ access community resources such as personal identification, shelter, housing, entitlements, medical care, etc.
- Refer eligible individuals to more intensive case management programs when indicated
- Provide Outreach Care Coordination services consistent with ETS/REACH program policies and procedures
- Advocate for individuals living outside with a wide variety of other service providers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience in social work, outreach programs or related fields
- Undergraduate degree with course work in social service field
- Experience providing services from a harm reduction perspective to individuals impacted by substance use and mental health conditions