**Please include your personal Cover Letter with all Applications**
**Staring at $47,000, DOE**
REACH Mission and Values
The REACH Program of Evergreen Treatment Services works with individuals experiencing homelessness and substance use disorders to help them achieve stability and improved quality of life. Through outreach, engagement, and ongoing relationships REACH focuses on reducing harm and supporting healing. REACH bridges gaps and helps individuals access essential resources such as housing, health care, entitlements and treatment.
The REACH Team is passionate about creating a hospitable and welcoming environment for all people while providing quality services on an individually tailored basis to our clientele. REACH values diversity, is committed to social justice and appreciates hard work, creativity and a good sense of humor.
The Finance Administrative Assistant position is responsible for assisting the REACH Accountant to support all financial operations critical to program functioning. The nature of Finance Administrative Assistant requires a proactive and methodically precise approach which will identify errors and make appropriate corrections as needed.
The Finance Administrative Assistant must be very detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills, be able to competently create and manage EXCEL spreadsheets/budgets, and perform in an environment where interruption is common.
The Finance Administrative Assistant position will act as part of a team to provide support to all REACH staff. This will require developing positive relationships with all REACH staff. The nature of this position is extremely independent, requiring creative thinking, excellent interpersonal relationships and conflict resolution skills.
Job Functions (May Include)
The Finance Administrative Assistant position contributes to the success of all REACH program services and activities by supporting all finance-related administrative functions at REACH. This position’s duties may include:
Credit and Debit card support, reports and backup documentation:
- Generate extract, reformat, create report for each staff credit card, save to SharePoint
- Review credit card reports—verify completeness, review coding, request info from staff as needed, update, etc.
- Send complete and accurate reports to ETS
- Review import extract from ETS
- When backup is complete—scan, rename file and save to SharePoint
- Credit Card inquiries and support—lost cards, cards declined, request for new cards, etc.
Clerical duties that support Finance department functions such as:
- Scanning documents
- Reviewing/maintaining logs/spreadsheets for client resources
- Reviewing documentation for client Motel payment—review for completeness, scan, save to SharePoint
- Review rental assistance spreadsheets prior to submitting to ETS for checks to landlords
- Employee reimbursements—review requests, verify accuracy and completeness, scan, rename, send to ETS, and save to SharePoint
- Payroll support—reminders for timesheets, verify all timesheets are approved before deadline, reset passwords as needed, etc.
- Data entry
Provides services consistent with ETS/REACH program policies and procedures.
Attends REACH team meetings and other required meetings.
Documents activities according to agency, contract and state requirements.
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required, undergraduate degree preferred.
A minimum 2 years bookkeeping, or accounting experience required. Experience working at a nonprofit organization and alignment with ETS/REACH core values and mission essential.
- Computer literate, with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as a high level of initiative in keeping current with technological change.
- Ability to prioritize workload and activities of self and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Dependable, able to work under pressure, receptive to change, willingness to learn, cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and outside contacts from a wide variety of ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds; good diplomatic skills.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive criminal background check.
- Flexible team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work very independently and seek supervision when appropriate.
- Valid Driver’s license and documented good driving record preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret general business correspondence, policies and procedures, referral information, financial documentation and applicable government regulations.
- Ability to write business letters, uncomplicated reports, instructions and procedures.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from clients, staff, referral sources and the general public.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply business arithmetic skills accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may be limited. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram format.
- Basic math skills.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk and kneel; occasionally to climb balance, or stoop; rarely to crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.