Health Information Management (HIM) Clerk
About Evergreen Treatment Services:
Evergreen Treatment Services (ETS) is a great place to work! Employees at ETS work collaboratively to provide excellent patient care and support services in a highly ethical and professional manner. ETS encourages work life balance and a healthy lifestyle through a comprehensive package of benefits including paid leave, medical and dental coverage, and an employee assistance program. ETS highly values creativity and recognizes employees for exceptional job performance.
Benefits include: competitive salaries, medical and dental benefits, eleven paid annual holidays, a 403(b) retirement investment plan, two weeks paid vacation in the first year, one week of mental health leave, opportunities for advancement, and a friendly work environment. ETS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ETS values diversity. The agency does not discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, ethnicity, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
Job Functions Include:
- Support the entire Evergreen Treatment Services (ETS) agency, including Seattle, REACH, South Sound Olympia, and Renton
- Oversee the day to day activities in the medical records rooms at ETS clinic locations
- Responsible and accountable for the record keeping procedures and storage of all medical records in a manner consistent with facility policies and procedures, professional standards, and state and federal laws and regulations for a treatment facility
- Coordinate and oversee multiple off-site and on-site medical record audits
- Conduct ongoing assessment of processes to identify and address improvements for medical records best practices and standards
- Work with Clinical Informatics Specialist/Privacy Officer regarding ongoing development of the medical records system to fit ETS’s internal processes and needs
- Maintain working knowledge of the current state laws regarding fee structure, and HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2 regulations as well as updates to treatment manual and facility policies and procedures regarding release of patient health information
- Coordinate a minimum of monthly meetings and quarterly site visits at ETS medical records locations
- Two years’ college coursework in Medical/Health Records, Health Information Technology, Health information Administration or related field
- Minimum three years’ experience in health information management best practices for handling patient health information and/or medical records
- Previous health information management experience in substance use disorder or mental health services