**Please include your personal Cover Letter on ALL applications.**
**Staring at $48,000, DOE**
REACH Mission and Values:
The REACH Program of Evergreen Treatment Services works with individuals who are experiencing substance use disorders and homelessness to help these individuals achieve stability and improved quality of life. Through outreach, engagement, and ongoing relationships REACH focuses on reducing harm and supporting healing. REACH bridges gaps and helps individuals access essential resources such as housing, health care, entitlements and treatment.
The REACH Team is passionate about creating a hospitable and welcoming environment for all people while providing quality services on an individually tailored basis to our clientele. The REACH program values diversity, is committed to social justice, and appreciates hard work, creativity and a good sense of humor.
The function of this position is to provide outreach, engagement and intensive case management/care coordination to Spanish-speaking individuals who are experiencing substance use disorders, homelessness, and face barriers to accessing needed resources. The purpose of these services is to help individuals achieve psychosocial stability and improved quality of life. Client-centered services are provided from a harm reduction perspective utilizing motivational interviewing skills. The case manager must develop collaborative relationships with staff of other agencies providing services to this population in order to effectively coordinate care. The nature of this position is extremely independent requiring self-motivation and time management skills, creative thinking, multitasking and conflict resolution skills.
Job Functions Include:
- Provide outreach, engagement, intensive case management and care coordination services in English and Spanish for assigned clients in a culture-informed manner with particular sensitivity to issues specific to immigrants and refugees
- Meet clients where they are, either on the streets or at other service facilities (including jail), to explain offered services and establish a working relationship
- Develop and implement in collaboration with the client, an individualized Service Plan which addresses the client’s stated needs and priorities. Review and update this plan regularly to reflect progress or attainment of articulated goals and the emergence of new client needs and to help the client move toward the achievement of autonomy
- Assist clients in obtaining housing and maintaining housing stability
- Assist clients with establishing and maintaining primary medical care and addressing chronic health conditions
- Assist clients in achieving financial stability through access to entitlement programs, protective payeeships, educational and vocational programs, and employment opportunities
- Advocate for the client with a wide variety of other service providers
- Local travel on behalf of the Agency is a job requirement
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ experience in work related to social work or outreach programs
- Ability to make one’s self understood to all Spanish Speaking individuals
- Undergraduate degree
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Academic training in the social service field and in the area of substance use disorder treatment
- Experience providing services to individuals with substance use disorders from a harm reduction perspective
- Experience with case management, homelessness and working with individuals with co-occurring behavioral health conditions
- Experience working with non-English speaking immigrants and/or refugees