Outreach Case Manager/Care Coordinator
**Starting at $48,000, DOE**
REACH Mission and Values:
The REACH Program of Evergreen Treatment Services works with individuals experiencing homelessness and substance use disorders to help them achieve stability and improved quality of life. Through outreach, engagement, and ongoing relationships REACH focuses on reducing harm and supporting healing. REACH bridges gaps and helps individuals access essential resources such as housing, health care, entitlements and treatment.
The REACH Team is passionate about creating a hospitable and welcoming environment for all people while providing quality services on an individually tailored basis to our clientele. REACH values diversity, is committed to social justice, and appreciates hard work, creativity and a good sense of humor.
The function of this position is to provide outreach, engagement, intensive case management and care coordination services to adults experiencing behavioral health challenges who have not effectively engaged in needed services. The goal is to develop trusting relationships within which clients may explore their needs and goals and receive ongoing support to engage in services that will help improve their stability and quality of life.
Job Functions Include:
- Meet clients where they are, either on the streets or at other service facilities (including jail), to explain offered services and establish a working relationship
- Develop rapport and a trusting relationship with clients through respectful outreach and client-centered engagement practices
- Develop and implement in collaboration with the client, an individualized service plan which addresses the client’s stated needs and priorities
- Review and update this plan regularly to reflect progress or attainment of articulated goals and the emergence of new client needs and to help the client move toward the achievement of autonomy
- Assist clients in obtaining housing and maintaining housing stability
- Assist clients with establishing and maintaining primary medical care and addressing chronic health conditions
- Assess nature and severity of clients’ substance use issues and match clinical interventions to each individual’s stage of change, focusing on reducing the harmful consequences of substance use through self-change methods
- Address clients’ needs for mental health and substance use disorder treatment services and facilitate engagement in appropriate supportive services
- Assist clients in achieving financial stability through access to entitlement programs, protective payeeships, educational and vocational programs, and employment opportunities
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with community programs which may support clients to provide effective coordination of care
- Provide services consistent with ETS/REACH program policies and procedures
- Assist with accessing needed services by setting up and attending appointments with clients in order to provide continuity of care
- Utilize clinical supervision, psychiatric consultation and peer support for exploring clinical intervention strategies, counter-transference, resource development, self-care and burnout prevention
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience in work related to social work or outreach programs
- Undergraduate degree
- Academic training in the social service field and in the area of substance use disorder and mental health treatment
- Experience providing services from a harm reduction perspective to individuals experiencing behavioral health challenges highly desirable.