The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the temporary (on-call) classified position above.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of manual tasks related to the operations of the District warehouse. Receives, stores, issues and delivers school supplies and equipment; maintains the District’s warehouse supplies and materials; picks up and delivers supplies and mail; and does related work as required.
The nature of the work may require considerable physical efforts, heavy lifting, and manual dexterity.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Uses safety equipment, supplies, and procedures to perform job duties as required; reports fire, sanitary and safety hazards and the need for repairs to appropriate administrator.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, alarms, graffiti, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action to resolve immediate safety issues and to maintain a functional educational environment; provides reports on activities as requested by appropriate administrator.
- Stores and shelves equipment and other supplies in conformance with various local, state, federal, and district rules and regulations; maintains equipment in a safe operating condition; maintains preventive maintenance procedures, records, and reports.
- Directs visitors and safeguards district property; adheres to all state and federal laws and regulations regarding safety and health.
- Attends and participates in District and/or College provided training or information sessions; incorporates new information or technology into existing job duties.
- Shall carry a communication device, if assigned one, and be available for general custodial duties.
- Uses a computer for entry and retrieval of information for work assignments.
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing, and electronically.
- Operates equipment such as District vehicles, electric carts, electric power lifts, forklift, etc.; will use ladders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Loads truck with orders and drives truck in delivery of orders to the proper campus of offsite facility.
- Collects and delivers mail; makes will call pick-ups as needed.
- Sorts and counts materials picked up.
- Picks up and delivers board packets to Board members.
- Receives and signs for materials, equipment and supplies delivered on purchase orders.
- Inspects incoming materials, furniture, equipment and supplies for conformity to purchase order, reporting shortages, damages and other discrepancies.
- Maintains supply of Central Stores stock on shelves; fills Central Stores requisitions, packages and marks orders for delivery.
- Receives calls and visits from school and maintenance yard.
- Prepares inventory control slips and posts control numbers to equipment.
- Methods and procedures of warehousing, storekeeping, and inventory control.
- Warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices and delivery slips and the use and meaning of each.
- Safety factors in the operation of equipment and materials.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Maintain accurate records and reports.
- Operate and maintain a variety of equipment.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Observe safety requirements and safe work practices and methods as required.
- Perform routine work involving moderate to heavy physical labor.
- Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships.
- Work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Indoor, office environment and outdoor environment, with climate changes.
- Hazardous conditions.
- Exposure to dust particles, chemicals and fumes.
- Includes travel to conduct work.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Dexterity of hands to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Sight in order to be aware of hazards and dangers found in the nature of the work.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp, and perform repetitive motions.
- Climb ladders of varying heights.
- Ability to maneuver in crawl spaces, attics, and utility tunnels.
- Lift moderate to heavy objects up to 60 lbs.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade AND experience driving delivery truck supplemented by experience in a warehouse or shipping/receiving environment.
- Possession of a valid class C California driver’s license.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/employment2/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: $17.08 - $21.36 (per hour); Salary Grade: C3-41
Position: Part-Time, Temporary (As Needed, On-call)
Work schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.