- Listed Award-winning Medical Device Manufacturing MNC
- Specialist in developing solutions for respiratory conditions
- Core mission to improve quality of life of patients and prevent progression/escalation of chronic diseases & healthcare costs
Primary Position Objective
Global Supplier Alliance (GSA) is responsible for delivering sustainable value, operational excellence and innovation from the supply base to the global Company organisation through internal and external collaboration.
The Category Manager is part of the GSA team and focusses on strategic sourcing activities, supply base development and relationship management pertaining to direct production materials and indirect spend for Company’s business. This function includes providing direction to the wider Company's business for supplier relationships and technologies used within the supply chain that maintains or establishes a technology, quality and cost leadership position.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop category management strategies in assigned commodity groups to guide Company’s interactions with external partners, taking into consideration (but not limited to) business needs, technology developments, cost, supplier performance, risk management
- Ensure that category management strategies maintain or establish a technology, quality and cost leadership position for Company while ensuring sustainability through ongoing strategy renewals
- Communicate and drive alignment of category management strategies with stakeholders across the Company
- Ensure supply chain continuity and procurement of direct materials are adequately supported to achieve appropriate customer service levels and optimal procurement outcomes
- Identify opportunities for long term relationships/partnerships and alliances within the commodity supply base
- Implement and manage contractual arrangements. Facilitate or lead negotiations with strategic suppliers
- Promote internal stakeholder awareness of procurement processes and promote compliance with procurement best practices
- Lead or participate in supplier planning, evaluation, selection, acceptance and monitoring in conjunction with Company's Quality Management System
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Company’s Quality system to work within established policies and procedures. Identify opportunities for process improvement and facilitate team engagement in related continuous improvement activities
- Degree qualification in Engineering, Science or related Business discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a category management or strategic procurement role
- Experience in assessing and sourcing new print and packaging solutions
- Developed a wide network of print and packaging suppliers in the SE Asia region.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes of cardboard and print
- A strong track record of cross functional stakeholder management in a technology driven product development or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in the design and development of packaging solutions, global packaging regulations and requirements and packaging related materials
- An understanding of print and packaging product and process development, preferably within the medical device industry
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Tan Wai Peng | Registration No: R1104671