Elevate your opportunities! We are seeking the extraordinary. Artful opportunities await in the heart of Uptown. We invite you to immerse yourself in Kessler’s newest story-line amidst Charlotte’s vibrant nightlife and inspiring art scene.
The Grand Bohemian Charlotte, featuring 254 luxury guest rooms, open-concept restaurant and lounge, rooftop bar with stunning views, versatile indoor and outdoor event space, and private outdoor park is awaiting your arrival!
We are recruiting for an experienced and energetic Event Services Manager to join our team. Responsibilities of this role will include:
Acts as a liaison between the sales/catering and operations department of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the client’s needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of the client, manage room blocks, food and beverage requirements, meeting room setups, billing, and other additional needs of the client.
- Communicate and enforce contractual agreements to the client pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions.
- The Events Services Manager will be responsible for the collection of attrition charges owed.
- Ensure that all guest checks, payments, master folios and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting; ensures that any other information, which is necessary and/or helpful for successful catering or group business is submitted to appropriate departments
- Ensure Rewarding Events points are posted following conclusion of event
- Collaborate with culinary operations to assist in development, design, and implementation of custom menus.
- Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests with updated Banquet Event Orders, group resumes and rooming lists. Provide accurate and concise information to all departments.
- Facilitate EO and group resume meetings
- Function as the on-site contact to client and address challenges or concerns immediately
- Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant, spa, gallery, and outlets for upselling
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all groups
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all groups.
- Greet all clients (in rotation with MOD and other managers for rooms only groups) as they arrive on day of arrival
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively detail and track the progress of groups from turnover through execution.
- Maintain accurate, organized and up-to-date files including computer filing and sales platform records (attachments, traces, activities, etc.).
- Actively participate in the Sales and Catering conference calls.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Use logic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions by considering the big picture, operational needs and impact on other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com