Follow your curiosity to the heart of uptown. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte is accepting applications for hospitality-minded individuals with a passion for inspiring guests!
We are currently seeking energetic and enthusiastic candidates to join our front office team as a Front Desk Agent.
The overall objective and purpose of the Front Desk Agent position is to provide a warm welcome and hospitable service to our guests. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring a seamless arrival and departure experience and respond efficiently to guest requests. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Process check-ins, check-outs and room assignments
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in
- Communicate parking procedures to guests and visitors and dispatch bell/valet attendants as needed
- Post guest charges and payments, process no-shows and adjust disputed charges
- Run daily reports and contingency lists. Conduct bucket checks to ensure accuracy
- Verify rate codes and make appropriate adjustments on guest’ invoices
- Block and unblock rooms according to the hotel’s need
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Process and respond to wake-up calls according to the standard operating procedure
- Notify guests of messages and record them legibly and completely
- Maintain knowledge of room types, hotel amenities and features, hours of operation and area attractions
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Log guest requests and concerns according to the standard operating procedure. Communicate with departments in a timely manner
- Solve problems proficiently
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell rooms, amenities and products
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment , property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all tasks at the front desk and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems and office equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of office equipment and property management systems
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Visit us at kesslercareers.com.