Follow your curiosity to the heart of uptown. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte is accepting applications for hospitality-minded individuals with a passion for inspiring guests!
We are currently seeking a guest-centric and service passionate leader to guide our front office team as a Front Desk Supervisor.
The overall objective and purpose of the Front Desk Supervisor is to support our mission by leading the team in executing front desk related responsibilities to the Kessler Collection standards. This includes relentlessly inspiring, coaching and training staff to exceed our guests’ expectations.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise Front Office Grand Performers, ensuring the execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising the execution of service related tasks to assist in the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
- Maintain the integrity of our guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information, as well as key control
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
- Ability to perform all Front Office related tasks
- Train, mentor, and develop Grand Performers to the standards of a world class property and intuitive service experience. Assist in developing leaders and bench strength through the implementation of the Job Coach program
- Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
- Stay informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions and discounts, and understand the impact on other departments
- Conduct interviews and give feedback on candidates.
- Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events