Follow your curiosity to the heart of uptown. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte is accepting applications for hospitality-minded individuals with a passion for inspiring guests!
We are currently seeking Room Attendant candidates to join our team of Grand Performers.
The overall objective and purpose of the Room Attendant position is to maintain the cleanliness of guest rooms. The incumbent is responsible for making beds, removing dirty linen, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, dusting and vacuuming, emptying trash and making the room neat and tidy. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Remove dirty linen to be transported to laundry
- Make beds, dust rooms to include but not limited to furniture, fixtures, artwork, baseboards and window sills, vacuum floors, clean bathrooms, empty trash and refresh towels according to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedures
- Place all items, including and not limited to furniture, throws, pillows, appliances, glassware, plates, silverware, bathroom supplies and amenities in the proper location and to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedure
- Maintain organization and supply of cleaning products and linen
- Maintain neat and orderly storage closets
- Use software program to communicate any deficiencies in rooms and hallways, to include but not limited to remote controls, TVs, light bulbs, plumbing and repairs
- Work efficiently in order to meet daily requirements
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of equipment and property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all Room Attendant-related tasks and proficiently use job-related tools and equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize and multi-task
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com