Follow your curiosity to the heart of uptown. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte is accepting applications for hospitality-minded individuals with a passion for inspiring guests!
We are currently seeking Public Area Attendants candidates to join our team of Grand Performers.
The overall objective and purpose of the Public Area Attendant position is to maintain the cleanliness of public areas. The incumbent is responsible for cleaning public restrooms, dusting, vacuuming emptying trash and keeping the public areas neat and tidy. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Maintain cleanliness of public areas to include but not limited to, furniture, fixtures, artwork, baseboards, window sills, floors, rugs, carpet, sinks, toilets and mirrors
- Place items, to include but not limited to, furniture, throws, pillows, bathroom supplies and amenities in proper location and to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedures
- Clean public restrooms and maintain adequate supplies of products, to include but not limited to, toilet paper, soap lotions and paper towels
- Dust, vacuum, mop public areas, to include but not limited to, hallways, lobby, gallery, fitness center, spa meeting rooms and offices
- Use software program to communicate any deficiencies in public areas, to include but not limited to, remote controls, TVs, light bulbs, plumbing, soap dispensers and hand dryers.
- Work efficiently in order to meet daily requirements
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedure
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of equipment and property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all Public Area Attendant-related tasks and proficiently use job-related tools and equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize and multi-task
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com