Follow your curiosity to the heart of uptown. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte is accepting applications for hospitality-minded individuals with a passion for inspiring guests!
We are currently seeking entry level Cook candidates to join our team of Grand Performers.
The overall objective and purpose of the Cook 1 position is to prepare food for the restaurant, bar, Grand Performer meals, and banquets. The incumbent is responsible for preparing quality food and pleasing presentations, as well as meeting food handling and quality assurance standards. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets.
- Prepares all food items as directed.
- Follows recipes and properly and efficiently prepares and presents all food items to be served, including accommodating special guests requests.
- To communicate the need for goods to be ordered to kitchen leadership.
- To follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
- To communicate all guest requests to an appropriate leader in a timely and professional manner.
- To be able to read, understand and produce in a timely manner.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of menu items.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area to include adhering to sanitation standards according to state law and health codes.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Comply with all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the property handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- To attend all training and meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Basic knowledge of production and operations in all relevant kitchen areas.
- Must be familiar with proper use and cleaning of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Ability to effectively communicate and multi-task
- Proficient in handling knives and culinary tools
- Basic knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as POS (point of sale) systems
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 1 years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
- Food Safety Manager certification – preferred or attained within 30 days
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com