Follow your curiosity to the heart of uptown. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte is accepting applications for hospitality-minded individuals with a passion for inspiring guests!
We are currently seeking intermediate level Engineering candidates to join our team of Grand Performers.
The overall objective and purpose of the Engineer 1 position is to maintain the property. The incumbent is responsible for providing maintenance of plumbing, appliances, electrical equipment, boilers, painting and sprinkler systems, as well as respond to guest requests. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Respond promptly to guest requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Maintain exercise equipment, steam room and sauna
- Maintain pool, hot tub and proper PH levels.
- Maintain electrical system
- Maintain laundry equipment
- Maintain boilers with proper temperature
- Maintain pumps, checking for loose parts and leaks
- Paint walls, trim and baseboards. Repair and stain wood doors
- Snake and repair plumbing
- Walk building and replace burned out light bulbs. Complete checklists
- Use software program to respond to deficiencies in rooms and hallways
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets, to include tools and equipment
- Read SDS sheets and follow proper chemical handling. Update SDS as needed
- Work efficiently in order to meet daily requirements
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of equipment and property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all Engineer 1-related tasks and proficiently use job-related tools and equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize and multi-task
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com