Elevate your opportunities!
We are seeking the extraordinary. Artful opportunities await in the heart of Uptown. We invite you to immerse yourself in Kessler’s newest storyline amidst Charlotte’s vibrant nightlife and inspiring art scene.
The Grand Bohemian Charlotte, featuring 254 luxury guest rooms, open-concept restaurant and lounge, rooftop bar with stunning views, versatile indoor and outdoor event space, and private outdoor park is awaiting your arrival!
This position is primarily responsible for computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and processes for payment.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, and cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets.
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, communicates challenges with managers as needed, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- Associate's degree OR equivalent years of experience and education - required
- Minimum one year related experience in similar title and level - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of Accounting software, Contact Management systems; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com