We are seeking the extraordinary. Artful opportunities await in the heart of Uptown. We invite you to immerse yourself in Kessler’s newest storyline amidst Charlotte’s vibrant nightlife and inspiring art scene.
The Grand Bohemian Charlotte, featuring 254 luxury guest rooms, open-concept restaurant and lounge, rooftop bar with stunning views, versatile indoor and outdoor event space, and private outdoor park is awaiting your arrival!
We are seeking precise and guest-centric individuals to join our team of Grand Performers as a Group Coordinator.
The main objective of the Group Coordinator is to bridge the gap between Revenue Management, the Sales Department and hotel operations. The GC must possess strong organization skills, is self-motivated and self-directed, has previous experience in a group hotel environment, and is technically strong with the numerous systems required to do the job successfully. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control.
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Service all in-house reservation requests.
- Enter all Definite and Tentative Groups into the Brand CRS and the hotel’s PMS as they book and set up group billing masters.
- Enter and manage shoulder dates (three days prior and post) for all Groups, closing shoulder dates that we will not take the Group rates.
- Trace all decision dates for Tentative Groups. Contact the Sales Manger as decision date is approaching and obtain and report status to Revenue Management.
- Trace all cutoff dates for Definite Groups. Contact the Event Service Manager to notify of pending cutoff dates and request rooming lists. Check blocks within cutoff dates daily to drop excess inventory.
- Manage Group inventory in appropriate systems.
- Work with Sales Managers and Kessler Revenue Managers for room block increases and obtaining addendums.
- Enter rooming lists into Brand CRS/PMS. Complete rooming list updates as requested.
- Correct all FIXME rate issues.
- Balance CRS and PMS inventory daily.
- Load new rate codes in Opera.
- Perform “Group Scrub” with Brand Revenue Manager prior to weekly Yield Meetings.
- Complete monthly GRC Audits of all appropriate Brand Systems.
- Attend and participate in weekly Yield Meetings.
- Actively Participate in Monthly GC Conference Calls.
- Complete group Projections in sales system weekly.
- Provide daily pick-up reports to KRM’s.
- Post deposits daily for individual reservations.
- Complete the Deposit Ledger refunding cancellations weekly and on last day of month.
- Enter all Group Blocks and individual reservations in as new weeks roll into KDATE.
- Process Travel Agent commissions daily.
- Update information screens of brand systems to include DH screens and Epic.
- Amenity Shops of market comp set annually.
- Long Term Stay Rate Shop of market comp set annually.
- Audit Epic Scorecard bi-weekly.
- Do daily and weekly checks for $9999 rate and correct as needed.
- Process and resolve all reservations issues in MARSHA reservations queues.
- Actualize groups in appropriate sales system within 5 days of group’s departure.
- Manage reservations inquiries through website and email.
- Post Rewarding Events for groups as they depart.
- Make test calls for all external reservation sources.
- Complete special projects in a timely manner as assigned by supervisor. S
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all tasks related to the Group Sales Coordinator position
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and proficiency of office equipment and property management systems, and job-related software
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com