Follow your curiosity to the heart of uptown. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte is accepting applications for hospitality-minded individuals with a passion for inspiring guests!
We are seeking a precise and guest-centric leader to join our team of Grand Performers in the Night Manager role.
The overall objective and purpose of this position is to provide overnight security, housekeeping, and maintenance and guest service support from 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. The incumbent is responsible for conducting routine safety and security inspections and accurately completing checklists, responding to guest requests, and performing maintenance and housekeeping tasks. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Routinely walk the interior and exterior of the building and accurately complete a daily checklist
- Direct and coordinate emergency response efforts as required
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Use software program to communicate any deficiencies in the hotel
- Log guest requests and concerns according to the standard operating procedure. Provide timely communication with departments.
- Assist with arrivals and departures, to include bell/valet service
- Perform housekeeping tasks including but not limited to cleaning public restrooms as needed and replacing products such as toilet paper, lotions and paper towels, dust, vacuum and mop public areas, maintain cleanliness, appearance and ambiance of public areas to include but not limited to furniture, fixtures, artwork, baseboards, window sills, floors, rugs, carpet, sinks, toilets, and mirrors.
- Empty trash containers and pick up debris
- Perform maintenance tasks to including but not limited to staining woodwork, painting, buffing floors, and plumbing
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems and access according to specifications
- Work proficiently in order to meet daily requirements
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedure
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of Empower and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all task related to overnight utility and proficiently use job-related software
- Ability to remain calm in various situations and use sound judgement
- Possess a guest service demeanor and outgoing personality with the ability to relate to diverse internal and external guests
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
Our Grand Performers Enjoy:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Coverage for qualifying associates
401K with company match
Special Discounts with Marriott & Kessler portfolio hotels
Enrichment Experiential Programs
Paid Volunteer Events
Apply and get the full story at kesslercareers.com