Gallery Director - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Gallery Director - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Salaried (Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As an Associate, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $500 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
This position is expected to start 2 months prior to opening date.
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Gallery Director is to support the operations of the Art Gallery. Areas of oversight include, but are not limited to, Marketing, Website, Inventory Management, Art Sourcing, Art Curation, Artwork Care, Gallery Sales Volume, Client Outreach, Expansion, and Retention. Key success factors include support of gallery operations, inventory management, and marketing to ensure sales goals are achieved at the Gallery.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
· Oversee the operations of the Gallery department, ensuring the implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
· Correct sales tickets (directors, controllers, salespeople) and commissions percentage as needed
· Help with credit/exchange sales transactions
· Maintains proper tracking of all merchandise sold at the Gallery
· Train Consultants on Point of Sale Systems
· Submit transfer reports/invoices to controllers
· Enter RTAs (Return to Artist)
· Follow up on payment status with vendors and property controllers
· Manage inventory, including ordering all approved owned jewelry and merchandise for the gallery
· Follow up on payment status with vendors, corporate controllers, and property controllers
· Review submissions by vendors and new artists for potential representation in the gallery, with Corporate Gallery Director
· Set/send marketing timeline to marketing department and directors
· Manage client records, including merging records, updating client history/interests, adding affiliations to client history, marking clients inactive, purging bad email/mailing addresses
· Pull mailing and email lists from SpinnSoft and submit with marketing requests
· Manager website to ensure art inventory is up to date
· Submit Artist Consignment statements on a monthly basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
· Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
· Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
· Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
· Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
· Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
· Knowledge of art and curating collections of art.
· Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems to track and monitor financial results.
· Special Knowledge of gallery/retail operations systems and reporting.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to devise and execute short and long term strategic plans.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
1. General Manager
2. Property OPS team
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
· Gallery Sales Consultants
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related experience and/or training equivalent – required
· Fine Art Sales Experience – required
· Hospitality or related industry experience – preferred
· 3 years of Gallery or 5 years of luxury sales experience – required
· Experience in similar size organizations – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
· Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
· Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results