Coordinate and supervise all aspects of the Banquet department including scheduling, payroll, purchasing and quality of events. Ensure all service SOPs are followed to provide highest levels of service for banquet attendees. The Manager is also responsible for the care of banquet spaces and equipment. The Manager hires trains and disciplines the banquet staff.
- Banquet Supervisor/Captain
- Banquet Servers
- Banquet Utility Staff
- Banquet Bartenders
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years Banquet service experience in 4 diamond hotel or equivalent - required
- TIPS training certification preferred or attained within 30 days - required
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
60% Leadership/Guest Service
- To provide leadership to the banquet department and its staff, ensuring that all banquet events are properly executed.
- Addresses complaints regarding food or service.
- Inspects dining tables and work areas for cleanliness.
- Requisitions supplies such as glassware, china, and silverware.
- Oversees the set-up and take down of banquet events.
- Requisitions table linen, china, glassware, and silverware.
- Point of contact for all groups.
- Liaise with the Event Service Manager, Banquet Chef, Banquet Captain on all events.
- Orders preparation of salads and coffee
- Consults with Food and Beverage Director Manager or Executive Chef on such items as serving arrangements and additional GPS and equipment needed.
20% Grand Performer Relations
- Hire and supervise banquet grand performers.
- Trains and monitors banquet servers on proper service.
- Assigns duties, work stations, and responsibilities to personnel and directs their performance.
- Produce weekly schedules and monitors payroll system for accuracy.
- Attend & contribute to weekly BEO meetings
- Attend all company mandated training meetings as well as hold month meetings for Banquet Grand performers