This IT Support Manager position is responsible for hands-on administration of The Kessler Collection’s systems and network infrastructure and for providing technology support to the organization’s business operation.
- Manages a team of up to two.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hands-on installation and maintenance of systems and network environment for the organization.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software and network problems, replacing defective components when necessary
- Provide hands-on and remote support to end users for computer, server, printer, software & telecom needs.
- Hands-on administration of database environments including database servers, database instances, and access methods and data services including monitoring, management, security, performance, analysis, and quality assurance.
- Hands-on administration of network environment to ensure network security and availability for all system users, data, etc….
- Perform server (virtual and physical) and computer configuration, including the install of OS and all required software, drives, memory and other necessary components
- Perform scheduling of system updates and back up routines
- Perform data retrieval functions when necessary
- Manage Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange environments, performing adds/moves/changes/deletions
- Maintain telecommunications equipment including light cabling and provide technical guidance as needed.
- Actively review reports of computer, server and peripheral equipment performance, malfunction, and maintenance to determine impact and address problems.
- Provide support in the selection and procurement of software programs and hardware.
- Consult with management to analyze computer system needs for information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Recommend plans for system and network upgrades.
- Develops, maintains, and test disaster recovery plans.
- Escalates problems as appropriate.
- Requires light to moderate travel.
- 24X7 on-call responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of MS Exchange 2016, MS SharePoint, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Active Directory, Group Policy, Terminal Services, SQL Server 2008/2012, TCP/IP, WAN, DNS, DHCP, WINS, VPN, VMware, Working knowledge with MAC OS and MAC application software, Remote Access Application & Implementation, Back Up Software, Network Monitoring Software, Anti-Virus Software, Hospitality software to include PMS, POS Sales, Spa, PBX, HSIA, Key Lock & Accounting software. Prior hotel opening experience a plus. Prior resort, muti-retail outlet, and live entertainment venue experience a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to lift up to 40 pounds of equipment, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.