Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Front Office Manager is to support the Front Office by leading the team in executing guest service related responsibilities in order to create an exceptional experience for our guests. This includes providing hospitable service involving all guest interactions, anticipating their needs, solving problems, and coaching and training staff to exceed our guests’ expectations.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the operations of the Front Office department, ensuring the implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising and directing the execution of service related tasks to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
- Foster Grand Performer commitment to providing intuitive service and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Grand Performers.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain the integrity of our guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information, as well as key control
- Understand and follow all laws and regulations
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Create and distributes work schedules adequate for operational needs.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
- Oversee budget process for the Front Office and control operating and labor expenses. Uses Peak Performance to optimize the guest service experience, while operating within labor budget/occupancy levels.
- Create the guestroom occupancy forecast, manage the departmental budget and participate in P&L meetings when requested.
- Take ownership and solve problems. Provide guidance and support, empowering subordinates to solve problems and resolve guest issues
- Conduct monthly meetings with subordinates to proactively solve problems, respond to questions and create a positive productive work environment
- Train, mentor, and develop Grand Performers to the standards of a world class property and intuitive service experience. Assist in developing leaders and bench strength through the implementation of the Job Coach program
- Conduct Grand Performer coaching and counseling, progressive discipline, 90 day reviews and Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
- Develop, acknowledge and track guest preferences
- Stay informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions and discounts, and understand the impact on other departments
- Conduct interviews and select candidates that fit our “best of the best” model.
- Provide on-going recognition as per the Grand Performances program
- Schedule and conduct effective daily stand- up meetings
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell rooms, amenities and products
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record (for properties that provide valet service)
- Works closely with GM, direct reports and other department managers to identify and resolve operational issues
- Attend required training and meetings.
- Review GSS scores, comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data; takes corrective action as appropriate
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned.
Supervisory responsibilities for the below mentioned position(s)/department(s) include interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; mentoring, rewarding and conducting corrective action(s), addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Front Desk / Concierge Supervisor
- Bell Captain
- Front Desk Agent (If no Front Desk Supervisor)
- Telephone Operator (If no Front Desk Supervisor)
- Bellperson/Valet/Doorperson (If no Front Desk Supervisor)
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- High school diploma or General Education Degree - required
- Minimum 2-year Front Desk Management or related industry experience – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Experience with Opera – preferred
- Student or graduate of hotel management school - preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk and crouch
- Push, pull, and lift up to 40lbs without assistance
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel
- See, hear and communicate in the English language
- The majority of time will be spent indoors
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands