|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|# of Openings:||1|
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Beverage Manager position is to provide leadership and management for the Food & Beverage Division and integrate its functions to serve local guests and hotel guests. The incumbent is responsible for oversees management, budget and operation of all beverage related outlets including, but not limited to the restaurant bar and lounges, and maintains a close liaison with the kitchen, restaurant, banquet and catering sales departments to ensure maximum profitability. They are to demonstrate Kessler Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Profitability, Enriching and Relentless as well as Service Standards at all times with guests and staff to ensure a positive experience.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
· Supervise the daily operation of Beverage Outlets including, but not limited to the Restaurant Bar and Lounge areas
· Responsible for ensuring that all Beverage operations are in compliance with all systems, control policies and procedures
· Estimate beverage consumption and purchase or requisition beverage ingredients and supplies
· Monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the Beverage product
· Bring innovation and creative ideas to specialty cocktails menu
· Create and implement promotional plans to drive business to Beverage Department; host local events to create charity and local business opportunities
· Display leadership in guest hospitality, exemplify excellent customer service and create a positive atmosphere for guest relations
· Interact with guest to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
· Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints
· Participate in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility
· Review comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement
· Conduct regular departmental meetings
· Attend hotel meetings; ensure that daily pre-shift meetings conducted with all Grand Performers on a daily basis for all shifts
· Maintain cleanliness and health code standards
· Complete monthly beverage inventory
· Schedule staff to reflect daily occupancy and reservations in order to Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
· Manage Beverage cost to budget and forecast
· Order beer and liquor
· Bar Back
· Beverage Supervisor
· Cocktail Sever
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
2. 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
3. Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
4. Experience with XXX – preferred
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel
· Incumbent is occasionally required to taste or smell
· Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, kneel, bend and sit
Work Environment / Conditions
· Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results