|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|# of Openings:||1|
The Café Manager will partner with the Food and Beverage Manager and the culinary management team to oversee the Café Cordova outlet; ensuring our guests receive a pleasurable dining experience. Responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the Cafe Cordova functions in accordance with Kessler Collection standards. In addition, this position is responsible for providing culinary expertise and creations to enhance the menu offerings of the Cafe. Areas of responsibility include supervising daily Cafe operations, preparing food and beverage products for customers, maintaining sanitation standards and assisting service staff during peak business levels. This individual strives to continually improve guest and Grand Performer satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance in the area of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
1. Supervisory/Guest Service – 80%
a. Acts as the guest service role model for the café; sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
b. Assists servers in the cafe during meal periods.
c. Handles guest problems and complaints.
d. Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
e. Perform all positions within the Café Operations.
f. Supervises daily shift operations.
g. Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
h. Trains workers in performance of duties.
i. Empowers Grand Performers to provide excellent customer service.
j. Makes sure Grand Performers are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve associate self-confidence and increase GP retention.
k. Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
l. Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
m. Partner with job coach to ensure proper on-boarding of new Grand Performer
2. Administrative – 15%
a. Holds daily line up meeting with staff reviewing daily events, safety issues/concerns, and guest comments.
b. Assigns and coordinates work of GPs to promote efficiency of operations.
c. Creates and edits work schedules and evaluates work performance of GPs..
d. Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures.
e. Makes certain corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
f. Provide feedback to Outlet Manager regarding Grand Performer performance or disciplinary issues.
g. Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend discipline when appropriate.
3. Side work – 5%
a. Inspects Café and the surrounding areas for neatness and cleanliness.
b. Inspects café prep area and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
c. Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
1. High School diploma – required
2. Hospitality or customer service experience - required
3. Minimum of 1 experience in Front of House Food & Beverage operations- required
4. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Supervisory role - required
5. Food Safety Certification (servsafe/great food safe food, etc) or Manager Food Safety Certification
6. Graduate of hospitality management school - preferred
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Standing during majority of shift
2. Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
3. Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds
4. Use of the telephone (hearing & speaking)
5. Computer/monitor work for making reservations
6. Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
7. Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
8. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results