Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)!
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 2 months prior to opening date*****
Objective / Purpose
The main objective of the Group Coordinator is to bridge the gap between Revenue Management, the Sales Department and hotel operations. The GC must possess strong organization skills, is self-motivated and self-directed, has previous experience in a group hotel environment, and is technically strong with the numerous systems required to do the job successfully. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control.
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Service all in-house reservation requests.
- Enter all Definite and Tentative Groups into the Brand CRS and the hotel’s PMS as they book and set up group billing masters.
- Enter and manage shoulder dates (three days prior and post) for all Groups, closing shoulder dates that we will not take the Group rates.
- Trace all decision dates for Tentative Groups. Contact the Sales Manger as decision date is approaching and obtain and report status to Revenue Management.
- Trace all cutoff dates for Definite Groups. Contact the Event Service Manager to notify of pending cutoff dates and request rooming lists. Check blocks within cutoff dates daily to drop excess inventory.
- Manage Group inventory in appropriate systems.
- Work with Sales Managers and Kessler Revenue Managers for room block increases and obtaining addendums.
- Enter rooming lists into Brand CRS/PMS. Complete rooming list updates as requested.
- Correct all FIXME rate issues.
- Balance CRS and PMS inventory daily.
- Load new rate codes in Opera.
- Perform “Group Scrub” with Brand Revenue Manager prior to weekly Yield Meetings.
- Complete monthly GRC Audits of all appropriate Brand Systems.
- Attend and participate in weekly Yield Meetings.
- Actively Participate in Monthly GC Conference Calls.
- Complete group Projections in sales system weekly.
- Provide daily pick-up reports to KRM’s.
- Post deposits daily for individual reservations.
- Complete the Deposit Ledger refunding cancellations weekly and on last day of month.
- Enter all Group Blocks and individual reservations in as new weeks roll into KDATE.
- Process Travel Agent commissions daily.
- Update information screens of brand systems to include DH screens and Epic.
- Amenity Shops of market comp set annually.
- Long Term Stay Rate Shop of market comp set annually.
- Audit Epic Scorecard bi-weekly.
- Do daily and weekly checks for $9999 rate and correct as needed.
- Process and resolve all reservations issues in MARSHA reservations queues.
- Actualize groups in appropriate sales system within 5 days of group’s departure.
- Manage reservations inquiries through website and email.
- Post Rewarding Events for groups as they depart.
- Make test calls for all external reservation sources.
- Complete special projects in a timely manner as assigned by supervisor. S
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets.
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems and access according to specifications.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals.
- Attend required training and meetings.
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all tasks related to the Group Sales Coordinator position
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and proficiency of office equipment and property management systems, and job-related software
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Marriott experience- preferred
- MARSHA, Opera, CI/TY, experience- preferred
- Student or graduate of hotel management – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and sit up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.