Banquet Captain- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Banquet Captain- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
Objective / Purpose / Summary:
The overall objective and purpose of a Banquet Captain is to coordinate and supervise all aspects of service relating to banquet functions as assigned by El Monte Sagrado. The Banquet Captain will ensure all standards are followed in order to provide the highest levels of service to our guests. Responsible for the safe and appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
· Banquet Servers
· Banquet Utility
Qualifications: Education / Certifications / Work/Industry Experience:
1. Minimum 1 year Banquet service experience in hospitality industry – required; experience in 4 diamond hotel or equivalent preferred
2. TIPS training/Alcohol Server Safety certification - required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s) & Competencies:
1. Knowledge of banquet service standards
2. Knowledge of how to read and execute banquet event orders
3. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
5. Ability to inspire and lead teams to provide intuitive service per the Kessler Collection standards
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide leadership and direction to the banquet team, ensuring that all banquet events are properly executed per the BEO and SOPs. Work collaboratively with the Food and Beverage Director, Supervisors, Executive Chef, Catering Sales Manager, and Event Services Manager to properly execute a banquet function.
2. Oversee the set up and tear down of banquet events.
3. Thoroughly inspect the function set up prior to the event to ensure specifications have been executed.
4. Requisition supplies such as glassware, china and silverware.
5. Assist the F&B Director in hiring Banquet Grand Performers.
6. Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal labor laws, including scheduling meal and rest breaks.
7. Train banquet staff on proper set up and service, using Kessler Collection SOPs.
8. Attend BEO meetings, internal pre and post con meetings.
9. Attend all company mandated meetings.
10. All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned.
· Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands.
· The majority of time will be spent standing walking and carrying up to 8 hours per shift
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 40 lbs. reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
· Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
· Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather including heat and cold
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results