Purpose / Objective
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring clean and orderly attractive rooms and public space in the hotel and maintaining high cleanliness standards that are inspected on a daily basis.
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Housekeeping Inspector
- Public Area Attendant
- Room Attendant
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and assists manager with corrective action.
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management
- Conducts orientation training of new employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills
- Records data concerning work assignments, Grand Performer actions, and time records, and prepares periodic reports
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and guest complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation
- Assists manager in preparing reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- High school diploma or General Education Degree - required
- Minimum 1-year certificate from college or technical school; OR 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-year Housekeeping Supervisory or related industry experience – preferred
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Ability to perform all tasks at the front desk and proficiently use job-related software and property management programs
- Possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate in the English language
- Ability to remain calm in various situations and use sound judgment
- Possess a guest service demeanor and outgoing personality with the ability to relate to diverse guests
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to lead a team, including inspiring, coaching and training subordinates to effectively perform tasks
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk and crouch
- Push, pull, and lift up to 40lbs without assistance
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel
- Hear and communicate in the English language
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The majority of time will be spent indoors
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is
- Frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is
- Occasionally exposed to; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.