This position is primarily responsible for directing the daily operations of Housekeeping and Laundry to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the hotel. Completes inspections and holds Grand Performers accountable for high cleanliness standards. Responsible for ensuring guest and Grand Performer satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of all areas of the hotel.
- Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Ensures staff is well trained.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Empowers Grand Performers to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of Grand Performers and provides feedback for improved performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Supports and supervisors and effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Ensures all Grand Performers have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Solicits Grand Performer feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews Grand Performer satisfaction results to identify and address problems or concerns.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Initiates Grand Performer progressive discipline according to policy.
- Leads departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Responsible for the department budget and expense control.
Manages Grand Performers who supervises a Team in the Housekeeping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Three to Five years of management experience in Housekeeping in a hospitality environment
- Two to three years’ experience in a Four or Five Diamond hotel
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems used to carry out housekeeping operations, including the ability to solve system related problems
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order Processing systems; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, stand for extended periods of time and use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.