Barback - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Barback - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
Objective / Purpose / Summary:
This position is primarily responsible for cleaning bar and equipment, and replenishing bar supplies such as liquor, fruit, ice, and dishes by performing the following duties.
Supervisory responsibilities for the below mentioned position(s)/department(s) include interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; mentoring, rewarding and conducting corrective action(s), addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: Education / Certifications / Work/Industry Experience:
1. Less than high school education – required
2. One month related experience or training – required
3. Equivalent combination of education and experience – required
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Stocks refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer.
2. Replaces empty beer kegs with full ones.
3. Slices and pits fruit used to garnish drinks.
4. Washes glasses, bar, and equipment and polishes bar fixtures.
5. Mops floors.
6. Removes empty bottles and trash.
7. Mixes and prepares flavors for mixed drinks.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results