Director of Safety and Security
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Director of Safety and Security|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Salaried (Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Beginning Summer 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Discounted Employee Menu – as low as $2/meal
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 4 months prior to opening date*****
The purpose of the Director of Security and Surveillance position is to ensure the safety and security of all guests, Grand Performers, Service Professionals, patrons and visitors for the JW Marriot Plant Riverside District. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Security and Surveillance Department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
· Deploys security team members to patrols and inspect assigned areas to include all public areas, meeting rooms, entrances, heart of the house areas, and outside buildings and grounds; checks areas for unauthorized persons or vehicles, unlocked doors, and fire and safety hazards.
· Responsible for evaluating and developing all loss prevention and safety standard operating procedures for entire property.
· Lead emergency response team activities including fire drills, alarm tests and emergency response practice sessions.
· Act as an extension of the property guest service team and conduct all guest interactions to the JW Marriott standard.
· Compiles and trains others on how to property prepare detailed reports regarding incidents of theft, injury, property damage and/or any incident relating to an infraction of laws, company policies or breaches of security.
· Investigates all safety or security incidents, relating to the hotel guests or Grand Performers.
· Create and maintain superb working relationships with venue management and security teams, HR, Public Relations and Legal so that all investigations, threats of violence and actual incidents of workplace violence and safety issues are managed appropriately.
· Acts as property point of contact and coordinates investigations with local law enforcement agencies as appropriate.
· Responds to emergency situations promptly, evaluates the nature and severity of the situation, and acts accordingly, including calling for outside assistance if necessary; arranges for emergency medical treatment for guest and Grand Performers.
· Responsible for OSHA requirements as they relate to the property, maintain all MSD’s and maintains storage as per OSHA.
· Provides property wide assistance in understanding OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
· Manages lock and key control system.
· Responsible for first aid supplies in the hotel.
· Manages and develops SOP’s as it relates to alarm systems, safety and fire equipment systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas and delivery areas.
· Partners with human resources to conduct property wide safety training.
· Schedules security team and oversees payroll for the department.
· Maintains and directs the activities of a security control desk at the Grand Performer entrance/exit.
· Professionally deals with difficult situations/people, conflict solution skills, dealing with varied individuals of different backgrounds.
· Assists in recruiting, hiring and training of all security staff; provides feedback to Grand Performers and management using company guidelines.
· Proactively seek solutions to potential future problems as it relates to loss prevention and surveillance systems and property initiatives.
· Develop cost effective solutions for loss prevention issues as they arise.
· Create Documentation for all systems and procedures.
· Schedule staff to provide maximum coverage while maintaining budgeted expenses.
· Keep departmental budget under direction of the Area VP of Operations/GM, in line with the property’s guidelines, and the JW Marriott guidelines and service concepts.
· Responsible for property safety procedures and the regular audit and testing of procedures including, but not limited to evacuation plan, maintaining up to date fire safety procedures, surveillance systems, conducting bi annual fire drills, etc
· Leads and participates in the property Safety Committee and supports its initiatives.
· Promotes and ensures a safe environment that does not harm or injure self or others and wears and uses the appropriate safety clothing/equipment supplied, and follows all maintenance instructions.
· Supports a safe property by knowing and applying all safety regulations, and adhering to existing legal requirements
· Provides constructive and consistent coaching, counseling and direction to team members
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent within our culture.
An inspiring leader selects the best possible candidate for each position, provides structure, direction, feedback, recognition and accountability; in addition to facilitating team processes, on-going training and delegation for the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies.
Cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer
Entertainment Venue Director
Director of Finance
Area VP of Human Resources
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
Experience with alarms, surveillance and recording systems. – preferred
Valid Driver’s License
Physical Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
· Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
Push, pull, and lift up to 75lbs on a weekly basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results