Objective / Purpose / Summary:
The overall objective and purpose of the Security Manager is to manage the security department staff as well as guard industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks: The Valet Attendant is responsible for providing an.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and firefighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Confers with representatives of management to formulate policies, determine need for programs, and coordinate programs with plant activities.
- Confers with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of property activities with law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Directs activities of workers involved in industrial safety programs.
- Directs activities of workers engaged in performing building maintenance and janitorial services.
- Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property as necessary.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Performs janitorial duties and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at property entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duty of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of radiation and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).