|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|# of Openings:||6|
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with the daily operation of the kitchen. This includes the seamless execution of preparing and cooking meals in order to provide an exceptional experience for our guests in a family style setting.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
· Culinary degree or certification or equivalent experience-required
· Prior experience in an upscale hotel or ranch setting
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Assist the Executive Chef in ensuring the guest experience is second to none
· Interact with guests, ensuring their needs are being met and expectations exceeded
· Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are completed daily
· Prepare and cook breakfast and set up food items according to the specifications
· Prepare and cook lunch and to-go meals
· Prepare and cook dinner during the Executive Chef’s days off and assist when necessary
· Ensure food quality control
· Cook meals on the grill during special events and outings
· Set up and tear down for group functions
· Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, dining room and function areas
· Adhere to federal and state laws
· Assist the Executive Chef in developing menus, recipe cards and specifications
· Maintain coolers and storage areas
· Adhere to proper safety and sanitation guidelines
· Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Management to find points of distinction and continue to raise the bar
· Be a pro-active leader who is constantly looking for new and more effective ways of improving products, service and profitability
· Assist the Executive Chef in tracking food costs and completing monthly inventory
· Promote overall success of the Ranch through personal interaction with other Grand Performers, guests, and vendors
· Work collaboratively with other Grand Performers
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results