Sous Chef- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Sous Chef- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Salaried (Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening date*****
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef with the daily operation of the kitchen. This includes the seamless execution of preparing and cooking meals in order to provide an exceptional experience for our guests in a family style setting.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
· Culinary degree or certification or equivalent experience-required
· Prior experience in an upscale hotel or ranch setting
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in ensuring the guest experience is second to none
· Interact with guests, ensuring their needs are being met and expectations exceeded
· Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are completed daily
· Prepare and cook breakfast and set up food items according to the specifications
· Prepare and cook lunch and to-go meals
· Prepare and cook dinner during the Executive Chef’s days off and assist when necessary
· Ensure food quality control
· Cook meals on the grill during special events and outings
· Set up and tear down for group functions
· Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, dining room and function areas
· Adhere to federal and state laws
· Assist the Executive Chef in developing menus, recipe cards and specifications
· Maintain coolers and storage areas
· Adhere to proper safety and sanitation guidelines
· Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Management to find points of distinction and continue to raise the bar
· Be a pro-active leader who is constantly looking for new and more effective ways of improving products, service and profitability
· Assist the Executive Chef in tracking food costs and completing monthly inventory
· Promote overall success of the Ranch through personal interaction with other Grand Performers, guests, and vendors
· Work collaboratively with other Grand Performers
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results