|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Training Manager|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Salaried (Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Beginning Summer 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Discounted Employee Menu – as low as $2/meal
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 5 months prior to opening date*****
Objective / Purpose
The overall purpose of the Training Manager position is to be responsible implementing, facilitating and assessing the effectiveness of all required training and development policy and programs to enhance the overall skills and succession planning of all Grand Performers. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of Training in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
· Delivers all corporate and JW Marriott training programs.
· Monitor and tracks all property trainings; as the gate keeper for training ensuring all departments are in compliance with yearly training calendar.
· Develops and distributes training and development schedule each quarter and produces a monthly calendar.
· Creates and develops materials for training as needed.
· Implements and presents corporate wide training and development programs and initiatives.
· Creates and maintains updated records of staff member participation in all training and development courses and creates and produces reports accordingly.
· Coaches staff members on skills and succession planning and development.
· Conducts yearly property learning & development needs assessment, and makes recommendations with regards to programs needed.
· Delivers and ensures compliance with all training required by both state and federal laws (i.e. alcohol and food certifications, harassment free workplace training, etc.).
· Maintains and manages learning & development library (LMS) including internal and external training and career development opportunities.
· Administers the Grand Performer educational reimbursement program and produces usage reports accordingly.
· Works with Executive Committee Members, Department heads, Managers and Job Coaches to ensure On-boarding and On the Job Training are successful.
· Undertakes and performs special projects and assignments as assigned.
· Guides Job Coaches in a Monthly training settings; as well as, via e-mail or one and one sessions.
· Support the Grand Performer Engagement Survey by conducting feedback sessions to ensure departments are promoting a positive work environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent within our culture.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.
· Good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality are critical.
· Ability to conduct research and analysis; collect, evaluate and interpret varied data, evaluate alternatives and reach sound conclusions.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Comprehensive knowledge of LMS database programs to develop reports, databases and communications materials.
· Be able to coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
An inspiring leader selects the best possible candidate for each position, provides structure, direction, feedback, recognition and accountability; in addition to facilitating team processes, on-going training and delegation for the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies.
No direct reports
Cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
PRD Leadership Team
Corporate Training Team
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
Experience with JW Marriott – preferred
Physical Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results