Event Service Manager - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Event Service Manager - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)!
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 2 months prior to opening date*****
Job purpose of Event Services Manager is to coordinate the activities of the conference personnel and room reservations team to make arrangements for group meetings, conferences and social events.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Act as a liaison between the sales/catering and operations department of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the client’s needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
1. Work closely with each groups meeting planner regarding groups menu planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities and special VIP request.
2. Obtain all rooming lists, monitor rooming list cut off dates, and obtain all menu details, meeting room setups, refreshment break needs, postings, and any other additional needs of the client to ensure a successful event at the property.
3. Communicate and enforce contractual agreements pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions. The Conference Services Manager will be responsible for the compilation of all cancellation/attrition charges of their groups.
4. Responsible for the review of all bills that are sent to the client. In reviewing bills, they should be accurate and timely in order to maximize return business. Responsible for the follow up to make sure any meeting reward point has been posted.
5. Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of both the client and Hotel.
6. Assist in development, design, and implementation of custom menus.
7. Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests with updated Banquet Event Orders, group resumes and rooming lists. Provide accurate and concise information to all departments.
8. Communicate event details to Hotel operations staff, including food and beverage needs, audio visual requirements, function room set-up, billing, recreation, activities, décor, and etc.
9. Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
10. Effectively up-sell products and services throughout the pre-event planning phase to maximize profitability and achieve quarterly goal. The completion of quarterly SMART plan will be required to assist with goal achievement and upselling.
11. Assist in executing the expectations of the client as outlined in the BEO.
12. Handle any challenges or concerns immediately. Function as the on-site contact to client for all aspects of their events.
13. Maintain a level of professionalism and cooperation with clients as well as co-workers.
14. Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all group clients serviced by the Conference Services Manager in conjunction with the Sales and/or Catering Sales Manager.
15. Greet all clients (in rotation with MOD and other managers for rooms only groups) as they arrive at the hotel to ensure that they have all required items.
16. Participate in weekly operations meetings to communicate the upcoming group’s needs.
17. Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results