Executive Steward - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Executive Steward - JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Salaried (Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||0|
Beginning late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 2 months prior to opening date*****
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Stewarding Supervisor position is to supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned stewarding staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel’s standards. The incumbent is responsible to assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
· Prepare and distribute assignments for Stewarding staff and review priorities.
· Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
Identify situations which compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
· Check supply levels in storage closets. Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to manager.
· Check workstations for proper supplies, organization, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
· Observe staff performance of job functions and ensure all procedures are completed to departmental standards.
· Review kitchen and restaurant service needs from Stewarding throughout the shift and ensure that all requirements are met according to specifications.
· Monitor all work areas for compliance with state health regulations and hotel requirements; follow through on any violation.
· Monitor and ensure that all temperature and chemical solution requirements are met with regard to dishwashing, pot washing and storage.
· Monitor and maintain pest control requirements in accordance with hotel standards.
· Coordinate and assist with banquet function requirements as assigned.
· Assist Stewarding Staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards.
· Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
· Accommodate requests for additional wares expediently and courteously. Follow up on delivery of all such items.
· Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
· Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
· Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
· Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
· Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
· Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
· Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
· Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
· Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
· Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
ü 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
ü Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
ü Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
Prepared and punctual for all meetings
Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
Improve professional competency and property/location performance
Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
Property Culinary Team
Property Food and Beverage Team
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
High School diploma - required
3 years’ experience in food service janitorial position - required
Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
· Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
· Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
· Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results