Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
The Revenue Manager is responsible for yielding revenue at multiple properties to maximize potential profit through employed rates and strategies in order to hit budgeted goals. The desired candidate must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to use systems data to make successful yield decisions.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Determine pricing, restriction and inventory strategies for every day of the year based on pace, demand, competition, market trends and budget, continually reviewing and updating as needed.
- Manage the One Yield version 2 revenue management system for optimal efficiency and results.
- Analyze various competitor set reports, including STAR, rate shops, Agency360, Demand360, and Kalibri Hummingbird reports for strategy opportunity to improve hotel’s results.
- Ensure optimal setup of brand and third-party channels, room types and rate categories, including types of discounts available and pricing tiers.
- Facilitate yield calls with the hotels to review prior period’s performance, current pace, daily pricing and strategies to improve need periods.
- Complete all rate and strategy changes in the brand systems and maintain the system processes.
- Perform forecasting analysis to accurately determine hotel’s pace to hit budgeted goals, and update forecasts in revenue systems, communicating pace with the hotels.
- Work with the sales team to ensure optimal synergy between the group and transient segments and that all group decisions are profitable by analyzing and approving group rates and details.
- Determine and set up details of all various promotions based on hotel needs, including but not limited to eBlasts, GDS advertising, OTA specials, wholesaler deals, and brand promotions. Coordinate promotional campaigns with the Marketing and eCommerce team and communicate production results following each campaign period.
- Evaluate production by channel using system resources and reporting to identify strategy opportunity, including GDS, brand website, call center, OTA, and direct booking channels.
- Regularly perform custom analysis for special projects and needs, using data from all the hotel’s various systems and industry knowledge, often creating custom Excel spreadsheets and charts.
- Communicate effectively with various hotel and corporate Grand Performers to present data and implement needed strategies.
- Review STAR and production data for all hotels on weekly and monthly basis to evaluate prior period’s performance and identify future opportunity.
- Coordinate and process brand website updates to include new packages, general hotel data, room pool information, rate details, etc.
- Complete monthly and quarterly summary reports to analyze various hotel statistics for possible policy and strategy changes.
- Communicate period results to hotel and executive team to explain successes and reasons for revenue outcomes.
- Attend monthly Playbook calls per property to explain transient performance and guide group strategy discussion.
- Determine seasonal pricing for annual corporate and wholesaler accounts, working with segment sales managers to analyze production and strategies.
- Work with the Marketing and PR department to determine and set up special campaigns for visibility efforts.
- Create proposed room revenue budgets by month and segment for the upcoming year with communication from the hotel, updating during the approval process and loading in the revenue system.
- Be proficient in various brand systems to be able to pull custom data reports for analysis, update hotel information, and optimize the brand relationship by utilizing all applicable opportunities available to the hotel.
- Review and update GDS advertising quarterly, meeting with account providers to track production of advertising with the various products.
- Maintain relationships and hotel information with key partners, including Online Travel Agencies, Central Reservations Office call center, and brand contacts.
- Interact with Group Coordinators on property to ensure completion of systems and inventory tasks, as well as communication of group behavior for making any necessary strategy adjustments.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings with the revenue management team and/or sales team, front office and marketing departments to ensure inter-departmental communication of needs and strategies.
- Stay informed on industry trends and behaviors by reading industry articles and attending approved webinars and conference events.
- Designated travel to perform property revenue audits, competitor site visits, industry conferences and quarterly departmental required events.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Associate’s degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous revenue management experience – required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel - required
- Valid Driver’s License – required
- Knowledgeable of hotel market - preferred
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, and use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
- The incumbent is required to have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to drive.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.