Food and Beverage Supervisor- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|Job Title:||Food and Beverage Supervisor- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District|
|Pay Type / FLSA Status:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Available Shift:||All Shifts / Flexible|
|# of Openings:||1|
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
You will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1 months prior to opening date***
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Restaurant Outlet Supervisor is to assist the Restaurant /Outlet Manager in overseeing the restaurant and ensure guests receive the ultimate dining experience. Areas of responsibility include Restaurant/Lounge and In-Room Dining. Supervises daily restaurant operations, maintains sanitation standards and assists service staff on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and grand performers satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
· Café Attendant
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
· Acts as a guest service role model for the restaurant; sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
· Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
· Handles guest problems and complaints.
· Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
· Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
· Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results.
· Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending discipline when appropriate.
· Assists with work schedules and evaluating work performance of employees.
· Ensures staff adheres to local, state and Federal liquor laws.
· Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on coaching.
· Assists in maintaining service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
· Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
· Empowers grand performers to provide excellent customer service.
· Ensures grand performers are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve associate self-confidence and increase employee retention.
· Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
· Supervises daily shift operations
· Assists in overseeing the café outlet.
· Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
· Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
1. High School diploma – required
2. Hospitality or customer service experience - required
3. Minimum of 1-year experience in Front of House, fine dining Food & Beverage operations- required
4. Minimum of 1-year of experience in a Supervisory or Managerment role - required
5. Graduate of hospitality management school – preferred
6. Manager Food Safety Certification - required
· Frequent standing, walking and sitting
· May be required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
· Lifting requirements of up to 25 pounds
· Use of the telephone (hearing & speaking English)
· Computer/monitor work.
· Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
· Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
· Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results