Beginning in early 2020, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
****This position is expected to start 2 months prior to opening date****
The overall objective and purpose of the Executive Meeting Manager is to sell and service Group Rooms and Catering business. The incumbent is responsible for optimizing revenue opportunities for the property and attaining annual budgets. The overall objective and purpose of the Executive Meeting Manager is to prospect Group Sales, Catering and Restaurant opportunities for the property to maximize revenue and to coordinate the activities for group meetings, conferences and social events and execute the expectations of the client as outlined in the Sales Contract and BEO/EO. This position will prospect, contract, and service the following market segments:
- Contracting and Servicing all groups 10-15 room nights on peak and local short term catering
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Act as a liaison between the sales and operations departments of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the client’s needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
- Sell to achieve your pre-determined goals for both rooms and catering on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Complete activities including, but not limited to prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct maintenance of sales files, accounts and additional administrative duties.
- Participate in meetings, as needed.
- Utilizing Sales resources and systems to include Knowland, OPERA and CI/TY.
- Determine, develop and execute action plans against existing and new target accounts to achieve and exceed sales revenue expectations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share.
- Continually targets and prospects new business through individual creativity and innovation.
- Strategically evaluate and determine the revenue potential of clients compared to the established goals of the hotel to ensure profitability. Develop a sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel.
- Manage account details so all pertinent aspect of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- As the primary contact for customers, notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share. Continually target and prospect new business through individual creativity and innovation.
- Create and implement sales strategies to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess the productivity against established goals.
- Obtain all rooming lists, monitor rooming list cut off dates, and obtain all menu details, meeting room setups, refreshment break needs, postings, and any other additional needs of the client to ensure a successful event at the property.
- Communicate and enforce contractual agreements pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions.
- Responsible for the review of all bills that are sent to the client. In reviewing bills, they should be accurate and timely in order to maximize return business. Responsible for the follow up to make sure any meeting reward point has been posted.
- Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of both the client and Hotel.
- Communicate event details to Hotel operations staff, including food and beverage needs, audio visual requirements, function room set-up, billing, recreation, activities, décor, and etc.
- Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
- Assist in executing the expectations of the client as outlined in the BEO.
- Handle any challenges or concerns immediately. Function as the on-site contact to client for all aspects of their events.
- Maintain a level of professionalism and cooperation with clients as well as co-workers.
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all group clients.
- Greet all clients as they arrive at the hotel to ensure that they have all required items.
- Participate in weekly operations meetings to communicate the upcoming group’s needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous event planning experience – required
- Valid Driver’s License – required
- Knowledgeable of Top-Accounts for the Hotel-preferred
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, stand for extended periods of time and use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.