JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
You will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
The ADOSM is responsible for overseeing Sales and Marketing to optimize revenue opportunities for the properties they oversee.
- Group Sales
- Catering Sales
- Event Service Management
- Dotted-line Bqt Mgr – standard protocol enforcement
- Property Marketing Manager
- Sales Admins/Social Media Managers
- Director of Catering
- Director of Sales
- Group Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Event Service Manager
- Sales Admin/Social Media Manager
- Property Marketing Manager
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Development of strategic marketing initiatives that leverages the marketing engine of the brands.
- Collaborates with Corporate and Brand Marketing on the concept creation and execution of all print and digital marketing and sales collateral materials such as brochures, advertising, digital, photography, etc.
- Collaborates with Corporate and Brand Marketing on property marketing plans including media plans and social media strategy
- Collaborates with Corporate and Brand PR on all PR opportunities within the region
- Tracks and maintains inventory of regional marketing materials
- Work cooperatively between PR and Marketing to establish strategic goals for attaining budgets.
- Reports on ROI of all brand and group marketing strategies.
- Maintain CVENT profile to include need dates, promotions, photography, etc.
- Approve all creative through Marketing Agency as well as Property Marketing Manager
- Grow market share and account acquisition.
- Achieve the annual revenue goals and key performance indicators as budgeted.
- Understand and develop insights and feedback on company’s position, progress and success in achieving established service and performance targets.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive competitive intelligence by developing and cultivating good relationships with senior executives from other hotels, industry contacts, GSO/NSO’s and key customers.
- Explore & research the feeder markets for cross-brand sales opportunities & contractual relationships.
- Develop and deploy qualified leads to all on Savannah properties and sales teams, keep the pipeline full to enable all properties meet and exceed their budgeted sales goals.
- Be the Kessler Brand and ensure the phones are ringing with qualified leads and keenly understand the needs and business footprint of each hotel and the destination in which they sit to provide optimal lead conversion for all sales teams. Provide partnership consulting between the client and sales teams to ensure every lead is responded to in the time frame requested and every angle of the RFP is explored to win the business.
- Develop & manage a sales portfolio that addresses business needs of our Savannah Hotels to include the West Coast and North East Markets.
- Lead the revenue strategy assuring that each property is taking the “right mix” of business to maximize the high demand periods and lay in the base required for the distressed periods.
- Monitor revenue pace of Sales and Catering and lead the Team in meeting and exceeding budgeted revenues.
- Formulate Team sales travel for the year through collaboration with the VP of National Sales – identifying travel needs based on feeder markets.
- Direct, organize and supervise departmental activities including, but not limited to, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct and develop team member’s performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, coaching and counseling, timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition and reward.
- Recruit, interview and onboard new team members.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts and budgets, collect and report sales data and manage the department budget.
- Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation; assist in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel services available; entertain customers on property during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate. Complete required site forms to alert the hotel of site tours in advance. .
- Participate in hotel executive committee meetings weekly.
- Develop and maintain relationships with competitive set and actively participate in community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share.
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel's surroundings including the history, culture and points of interest.
- Qualify incoming leads, send proposals, contracts and addendums when needed to negotiate group business using marketing and sales resources.
- Monthly review and support to team members in creating and achieving quarterly sales goals.
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess the productivity against established goals and budgets.
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel performance to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals and sales budget.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant, spa, gallery and outlets.
- Track monthly production towards quarterly sales goals set forth by management using required documentation.
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively evaluate availability, profitability and track the progress of groups from proposal through execution.
- Participate in monthly revenue meetings to stay abreast of strategies and to assist in making decisions for the benefit of the hotel.
- Conduct weekly department meeting to review group and catering pace, systems reports, company/department updates.
- Actively participate in all sales/operational meetings
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with national franchised brands.
- Knowledge of all Kessler Collection hotels to effectively cross-sell.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Use logic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions by considering the big picture, operational needs and impact on other departments.
- Conduct monthly one on one’s with team members to provide support, leadership and direction.
- Perform other duties assigned to meet business needs.
- Conduct daily business review meeting with sales team to review current prospects, site tours, and previous day’s business activity.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous sales experience – required
- Valid Driver’s License – required
- Knowledgeable of Top-Accounts for the Hotel - required
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, stand for extended periods of time and use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
- The incumbent is required to have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to drive.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.