JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
Objective / Purpose / Summary:
The overall objective and purpose of the Bartender is to provide intuitive service to our guests by mixing and serving alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to the patron of the bar while complying with applicable federal and state laws, sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards as well as following established food and beverage presentation and service procedures. The incumbent is responsible for the safe and appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Supervisory responsibilities for the below mentioned position(s)/department(s) include interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; mentoring, rewarding and conducting corrective action(s), addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: Education / Certifications / Work/Industry Experience:
1. High school diploma - required
2. Hospitality or related industry experience – required
3. 1+ years of relevant work experience in similar title and scope – required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s) & Competencies:
1. Ability to respond to internal and external guests using the G.U.E.S.T. service standards:
o Warmly greet internal and external guests. Make eye contact and call our guest by name at the beginning and close of every interaction
o Give our guests your undivided attention
o Provide an enthusiastic response
o Sincerely thank the guests for their business and invite them to return
2. Ability to effectively communicate, solve problems and follow through using the L.E.A.D.E.R. service standards
o Empathize and Apologize
o Accept Responsibility
o Do something about the situation
o Exceed our guests’ expectations per the Company Guidelines
o Recover our guests’ loyalty
3. Ability to remain calm in difficult situations and use good judgment
4. Knowledge of Micros or similar food & beverage software Point of Sale System
5. Ability to enter data into Micros Point of Sale System
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
7. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
8. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages
9. Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to food and beverage
10. Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a warm and friendly manner consistent with the Kessler Collection standards
2. Provide intuitive service and anticipate the guests’ needs
3. Answer the telephone within 3 rings, using the correct salutations and telephone etiquette. Record messages legibly and completely
4. Maintain knowledge of food and beverage menu and daily specials and promotions
5. Maintain knowledge of hotel amenities and features, hours of operation and area attractions
6. Process orders from internal and external guests according to the Company’s standard operating procedures
7. Mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks
8. Serve wine and draught or bottled beer
9. Process payment according to the Company’s standard operating procedures
10. Follow proper cash handling procedures
11. Complete requisitions for beverages and supplies
12. Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive display
13. Maintain a clean and neat work area
14. Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
15. Replenish bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts
16. Wash bar glasses/dishes
17. Checks ID for all guests and complies with state and federal laws
18. Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell food and beverage product
19. Solve problems in accordance with the Kessler Collection standards
20. Respond to questions and special requests
21. Provide information and directions
22. Execute last call and proper closing procedures according to the hotel’s procedures
23. This position frequently interacts with all departments and is required to communicate appropriate information
24. Maintains complete knowledge and complies with all hotel and department policies and procedures
25. Attend required training and meetings
26. All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration with internal guests
- Perform with integrity
- Maintain profitability by being resourceful
- Embrace opportunities for enrichment
- Maintain a focus on quality, innovation and continuous improvement
· The majority of time will be spent indoors
· Occasional exposure to extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footware required)
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an open environment with constant noise
- Overtime is frequently required with or without notice
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand for an 8 hour shift
- The incumbent will frequently stoop, bend and crouch and occasionally sit
- Push, pull, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel
- The incumbent is required to hear, see and speak